And finally today – some reportage, some reviewage, and some discussionage, as we go from more Old Gods (what is it with those guys?) to the timeless question “How the hell do you use all those buttons on a 12-button mouse?”
- Kelpsacovic is contemplating the Old Gods. Not in an “ia, ia, ftagn” way, more a “why don’t we think of them as more important in WoW” way – “But let’s face it, how much importance do we give to the Old Gods in WoW? Oh sure, the lore nerds can tell us of the various nefarious schemes and their parasitic nature which corrupts everything, but who listens to them? My point is that they too often seem to be behind the scenes, despite being present at all times. It’s strange to me.”
- Azuriel at In An Age musters some scary, scary statistics. Did you know that the top MMOs combined have lost nearly FIVE MILLION players all told this year? – “I think we may need to start entertaining the notion that the entire genre – as we know it – has peaked. Not just the hot topic of F2P vs Subs, but the whole damn shebang. “
- Stargrace talks about “community”, and what she feels we can do to rebuild and maintain it – “People play video games for multiple reasons and you never know what a persons real life stance is. They may be a complete asshole in game, but are dealing with multiple things in real life and they have no method of coping. “
- And Dulfy gives us an in-depth review of the Logitech G600 MMO gaming mouse – interesting stuff if you’ve ever wondered about getting one – “Having a MMO mouse will allow you use abilities with your right hand while moving your character with your left hand on the WSAD keys. This way, you don’t need to stop to press a button on your keyboard to fire off an ability, you just keep on moving. “
Enjoyed today’s posts? Please let other people know about them!
Read more →
And last but not least – some excellent posts from the weekend on a wide range of topics – from Old God omnipresence to a new, bold hope for us WoW players…
- Garrosh Hellscream knows. He knows about Mankrik’s wife, he knows why elevators kill you, and he knows why there are no ducks in Azeroth. It’s all the Old Gods’ fault – “Yeah, well, the magic controlling those elevator platforms was corrupted…so for all intents and purposes, all elevators are minions of the Old Gods. Specifically, one of the Old Gods – I believe his name is Goin’down’ethar. How much you want to bet that when we finally discover where he’s hidden, there won’t be any stairs?”
- Saxsy writes a really interesting column on roleplaying Death Knights beyond the usual dark-and-solitary cliches – “What I was thinking of today is how my own RP with Traxy has evolved to reflect the duality of her personality. The way she is changing, and the way she is not “death knighty” is reflective of her former personality, the one she had when she was alive, emerging.”
- Syl looks at the upcoming MMO Wildstar, and wonders if it could be the genuine successor to WoW – “Still, my overall impression of Wildstar remains; few innovations aside, it looks the way WoW should be looking today and feels like the next evolutionary step for players who are still attached to Blizzard’s franchise and overall concept.”
- And Hunter shares some hard-earned lessons from his time as a guild officer and leader – which didn’t exactly go flawlessly – “If you try to reason with the drama, if you try to calm it, or leave the situation unresolved, it will come back to haunt you. These people sew dissension in the ranks, they always do. They always leave after much effort is made for their benefit and take others with them.”
Enjoyed today’s posts? Please let other people know about them too!
Read more →