If you like these guides, please tell other people about them!
Our Quick-Read Cataclysm dungeon strategy guides were super-popular, so a while ago Johnnie put his head down and started seriously working on a sequel – quick-read guides for all the Cataclysm raid instances.
These guides are the Cliff Notes to the raid – not a wall of text, but a few lines per boss, just like you might type in /raid before the pull. You can use them to quickly check what you need to know or paste into raid chat to make sure everyone’s up to speed. They cover both Normal and Heroic modes, too!
In these new, exciting days of rapid nerfs, more people are PUGing than ever before. So, if you don’t need a detailed description of the fight, you just need key tactics, RIGHT NOW, we give you:
- Dragon Soul LFR tactics – Morchok, Warlord Zon’ozz, Yor’sajh the Unsleeping, Hagara the Stormbinder, Ultraxion, Warmaster Blackhorn, Spine of Deathwing, Madness of Deathwing – now with easy copy-paste technology!
- Baradin Hold tactics – Occu’thar and Argaloth – for that BH PUG run at 2am.
- Firelands tactics – Shannox, Beth’tilac, Lord Rhyolith, Alysrazor, Baleroc, Majordomo Staghelm, Ragnaros – It’s PUGable now, you know.
- Bastion of Twilight tactics – Halfus Wyrmbreaker, Valiona and Theralion, Ascendant Council, Cho’gall – How to smoothly splat everything up to Cho’gall.
- Blackwing Descent tactics – Magmaw, Omnitron, Maloriak, Atremides, Chimmaeron, Nefarian – because no-one wants to spend any more time on Nef.
- Throne of the Four Winds tactics – Conclave of Wind and Al’Akir – The most obscure of the Cata raids explained.
Enjoy, and good luck with your PUGing!
Read more →
Being a new World of Warcraft player is hard. There’s a lot to remember, and a lot of new information to take on board. If you’re struggling with a new class or a new role, if people are shouting at you or being mean to you and you don’t know why, or if you simply want to stop making common, easily-avoidable mistakes, have a look at our guides, below.
Alternatively, if you have a player in your party who could use a few tips or is clearly doing something very wrong – the classic “Hunter in melee wearing cloth”, for example – point them to this page. That way you’ll get some friendly help for them, and some increased DPS, less inappropriate “need” rolls or more CC for you!
Common mistakes in Warcraft
Read our list of easy mistakes to make in a Warcraft dungeon.
Specific Dungeon Strategy Guides (super-quick)
Here’s a guide to each of the Cataclysm Heroic dungeons
Other brief dungeon guides coming some time soon!
What am I doing wrong as a …
We’ll add more guides, covering the remaining roles, soon!
Other helpful guides
Please spread the word!
If you’ve found these guides useful, either as a new player or an experienced one, please do link to them!
There’s a lot of noise out there, and very little information targetted specifically at new people, so you can really help out by spreading the word of these guides.
Help out a new player and improve your LFD runs, all in one!
Read more →
Lost in a dungeon? Not sure what the tactics are? Getting grief from other players about it, or just want to avoid any trouble? Here’s our master list of brief (so you can read them on the run) strategy guides for every Cataclysm Heroic dungeon.
Or, alternatively, have you just discovered that someone in your run doesn’t know the tactics, but you can’t face typing them out slowly for each and every boss? Grab these guides – they’re written so that you can just copy and paste each section as you come up to a boss fight or tricky bit, and the new guy in your group should do just fine.
Hour of Twilight Patch 4.3 dungeons
“Normal” Heroic Dungeons
Patch 4.1 Troll Dungeons
If you’ve got any additions to our useful tactics, let us know in the comments! Please do share these guides with your friends and guildies – and if you encounter a new player who’d benefit from reading the guides, point them in this direction too.
Read more →