Lots of good posts this week, and I was slightly tardy on looking through them all – so here’s a Saturday update of all the good stuff I didn’t get to in the week.
- Doone presents a great roundup of the discussion of “adult content” in MMOs and gaming recently, plus a look at sexism in the gaming industry in 2013 (including EVE’s “only 4% are women” announcement).
Read “Around The Sphere: Getting Serious About Games” »
- Werit has a really interesting short piece looking at how SWTOR’s double XP weekends actually make him play less!
Read “Double XP Weekends Are Stopping Me From Playing” »
- Belghast posts a lengthy, interesting look at why the MMO blogosphere feels quieter these days – although on weeks like this, I’m not sure it does!
Read “Infertile Ground” »
- Saxsy looks at the problems of both LFD and LFR in light of the new Flex Raiding announcement, covering dehumanisation and whether they’re actually a good substitute, amongst other things.
Read “Looking For Trouble” »
- And The Grumpy Elf hits on something near-universal that I can’t recall an MMO blogger covering before – the slow process of finding the right key bindings for you.
Read “Finding Your Binding” »