Did Vanilla WoW Really Suck?

by on February 7, 2013

There’s been a popular backlash against Vanilla WoW lately. It’s not surprising – for a while, a lot of players have been loudly complaining that they wanted the “old WoW” back. It was inevitable that many other people would point out that the old game did indeed have flaws.

But was it really as bad as all that? I don’t think so, actually – and neither does Erinys, who writes an excellent summary of the arguments against “Old WoW”, and where she feels they fall down:

“An officer in my first proper guild said to me one late night, “All you have in WoW is your reputation” and back then it was true. Behave badly and your chances of a decent guild, good runs or being asked anywhere were pretty much zero. Community mattered, both in and out of guilds and was cemented by the same server battlegrounds. I knew pretty much everyone on my faction at level 60, either because I’d played with them on some dungeon run or other or through pvp or simply by word of mouth. Now I know a handful of people on my current server and through the use of LFR, LFD and random battlegrounds have no incentive to get to know anyone.”

Read The Rest Here…

henry February 9, 2013 at 4:10 am

No it didnt suck lol, It sucks now which is why im not playing…yes there was much more of a sense of community back then. Everyone on the server knew most everyone even people of the opposite faction. RIP wow bring vanilla servers blizz please

Varie May 1, 2013 at 8:12 am

Didn’t suck at all. It was awesome…I left the game because, yeah, it sucks now and is too easy.

Ledgar May 8, 2013 at 12:48 pm

There are two categories of players bitching about vanilla. Those who never played it and the whiners who were too dumb to understand the game mechanics back then.
Despite some drawbacks Vanilla was awesome.

Mahtan June 20, 2013 at 10:33 pm

There are still vanilla servers available. For example therebirth… They are low populated, but for the sake of nostalgia – try it out ;)

S13.Zastelu.Ru March 23, 2014 at 4:02 am

Thank you for the good writeup. It in truth was once a leisure account it.

Look complex to far brought agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

unlimited gems hack May 23, 2014 at 7:18 am

I absolutely love your website.. Great colors &
theme. Did you create this web site yourself? Please reply back as I’m wanting to
create my own blog and would like to learn where you
got this from or exactly what the theme is named.
Appreciate it!

Stone of life Cheat June 11, 2014 at 11:59 am

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.

The words in your content seem to be running off
the screen in Safari. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something
to do with browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.

The style and design look great though! Hope you get
the issue solved soon. Cheers

installing os X mavericks June 12, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know
a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly.
I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both
show the same outcome.