And finally, the 300-lb panda of them all – WoW. What’s been happening in Pandaria this week?
- Apple Cider looked at the question of whether the Mantids are actually the first gender-neutral, meritocratic race in WoW – “Granted, I still believe that this is by accident, but the idea of the Mantid society defining themselves by accomplishment seems more a true reflection of the Warcraft gender politics than even us as player characters are.”
- The Godmother looks at how we react to quests that give us the choice of being nice or nasty, especially when provoked – “grant you, punching him in the mouth is not the answer, in an ideal world, but I don’t like to be told to scurry off anywhere. Use your good looks for stuff other than pretending being handsome got you where you are today. Frankly, you can stump up, pal.”
- Want to know what the leader of the Horde thought when he met some Pandaren for the first time? Well, fortunately, as regular readers will know, he blogs – ” And, first impressions…well, I’ll be honest. First impressions weren’t so impressive. I mean, I realize I should know better than to jump to conclusions based on appearances, but…well…the words “roly poly” come to mind. “
- Shy looks at the question of whether off-spec healers should be nerfed, and comes to some very interesting conclusions – “Yaknow, that big ability that the boss does and everybody needs to press their cooldown button at that specific moment? Yes, that, not a ‘nice save’, pre-programmed.”
- And Big Bear Butt comes up with a really intriguing idea/prediction for some new things that the LFR loot system might allow Blizzard to do – “They could conceivably increase the chance items drop for players of lower average iLevel while reducing the chance for players decked to the nines.”
And look – no reputations!
Enjoyed this roundup? Please consider sharing it!