A quiet day today – everyone’s busy raiding, perhaps? But that gives us time to showcase a project we’re very keen on – plus more great posts:
- We’ve been following the indie MMORPG project “Project Gorgon” by the Elder Game guys for a while, so we should mention that they’re currently running a Kickstarter to take it to the next stage – “Think Asheron’s Call crossed with EverQuest crossed with NetHack.”
- Bronte surveyed her readers, asking whether they’d advise starting Guild Wars 2 or The Secret World, and she shares the results – “I received a ton of a comments, and although GW2 seemed to be winning earlier, TSW has seemed to creep up in the number of recommendations. “
- Hunter’s Insight hates the letters you receive in Guild Wars 2 from completed Hearts, and they explain why that is – “These letters could have been an opportunity to extend lore, get a good laugh, make the world seem larger than it really is. Instead they’re boring, hit all the same notes, practically form letters.”
- Evlyxx gives us a really useful tip on how to create a “sandbox” WoW installation – “Now I could have copied my entire World of Warcraft folder to a new location and it DOES work but I will show you a way that saves you space on your HDD and will save you from having to repeat the process everytime a patch hits WoW. “
- And Lodur gives his impressions of the first couple of days’ MoP raiding under the new healing mechanics – ” Do not expect your healers to babysit you anymore, we can no longer heal stupid. You are responsible for your own survival as much as the healers, please accept your PSR. “
Enjoyed today’s posts? Please share them with your fellow players!