Mists of Pandaria is one week old – so is the magic holding, or is Pandaria starting to pall?
- Ben at The Asylum Wall enthuses about the MoP Pet Battle System – “The speed of the battles will lend itself to filling in those small gaps of inactivity better. Waiting a few minutes for that third guildie to be ready for a scenario or LFD? Suit up your mini-gladiators. LFR queue? Pet battles. Got fifteen minutes to kill before the raid? Go.”
- Zinn gives us a “one week in” summary, from initial feelings of overwhelm to thoughts on the daily grind – “Eventhough the quests might be quick and easy, I can’t feel but think that it is unjust as some classes and specs have a much easier time with quest farming than others.”
- Erinys has hit level 90, and gives us her view from the level cap, from dailies to Heroics to pet battles – “The choice is overwhelming as is the feeling that you should ignore the “fun” ones (Tillers/Anglers/Cloud Serpents) whilst concentrating on the rest in the run up to raids and the arena season starting. “
- Rowan Blaze returned to WoW for the Pandaren starting zone, and gives us impression from the PoV of a Guild Wars 2 convert – “Another aspect of WoW (and SWTOR) that I do not miss is the competition for resources with other players. After having trained in skinning, I forgot that I was capable of doing so and turned around to a recent kill, only to find another player skinning it.”
- Fari the Achivement Hunter rounds up her experiences with both cooking and fishing, one week in – “Can I be honest? I was totally and completely skeptical about what people call “Farmville” with the Tillers reputation, but it’s a lot more fun than I expected! “
- Kadomi has hit 90 one week in, and gives us an overview of the experience so far, from leveling zones to the rep grind – “I do however not mind the old-fashioned reputation grind. In a way, that makes reputation more meaningful to me. “
- Derevka gives us a quick overview of his experience from 85 to 90, touching on both leveling and what’s coming to be the early endgame bugbear, the reputation grind of dailies – “I have to really stand up and applaud Blizzard for Mists of Pandaria; it really is probably one of their most polished expansions to date. “
- Jed gives us his impressions too, as someone who played particularly the Jade Forest thoroughly on beta and in Live – “I much prefer the new quests as they definitely convey the “we are at war” concept that blizzard has been pushing on us for this expansion. “
- Darraxus gives a quick overview of his mid-leveling impressions – “I am really enjoying the questing so far. There are lots of little interesting quests, and many have given me fun items instead of just a weapon or piece of armor. “
- And Zellviren closes the day off by waxing extremely lyrical about MoP’s profession design. Spoiler: he’s really, really impressed – “This is flat-out great design. It’s imaginative, it’s fun, it adds legitimate gameplay value to professions that many players like, and it manages to do all of that without ostracizing raiders who merely want to get their performance bonuses.”
I’m a fair way behind most people in leveling in MoP, but still – it is indeed still great fun.
So, one week in – what are your thoughts?