And finally, WoW – and other games. Including, in possibly its first ever appearance on MMO Melting Pot, Farmville…
- Amijade writes a great, calming guide to all the things that will probably confuse and dismay us when Mists arrives – “If you thought the flooding of information about the beta was already too much to handle, or if you thought the flood of information about the last patch was a lot…sit back, hang tight and hold-on! “
- Olivia Grace at WoW Insider looks at the massively heated argument around account-bound achievements – “Perhaps modifying the titles to something along the lines of “the original Bloodthirsty” would help, so that there’s a way to discern those who really did kill 250,000 people on one character from those who didn’t.”
- The Grumpy Elf writes a great bit of nostalgia about his first ever companion pet in WoW – “I had my cat and all I could summon was my cat. Why could I not summon my owl, I wanted to go out fighting with my owl. “
- Ironyca rounds up some of the particularly impressive Transmogrification outfits from the recent Mog Madness competition – “This is not to say that these are my 12 overall favourites, it’s more an opportunity for me to throw some more praise around. I don’t think I would be able to pick my favourites anyways, there were so many really strong mogs, it would be too hard!”
- Sente defends NCSoft, the publishers and cancellers of City Of Heroes, who have taken a fair amount of flak lately – “I do not see NCSoft as an evil company that cares nothing for its customers/players nor will I boycott everything that has NCSoft attached to it.”
- And Pete at Dragonchasers takes a look at the sequel to a classic MMO that looks likely to take the market by storm. No, not Guild Wars 2. Farmville 2 – “If you add friends to your farm neighborhood, once a day they’ll show up at your farm and you can use them to finish some task. This is a great way to get long-duration crops quickly since your friend insta-harvests whatever you point them at. I was actually having fun playing Farmville 2 until I learned about milk bottles.”
Hope you had a great weekend!