Glenn Beck, I thank you. Best. Headline. Evar.
Yes, it would appear that EVE has hit the political wires. Plus, a great argument in favour of World PvP, and more:
- The Grumpy Elf delivers a surprisingly rousing recommendation for all of us to try some world PvP in WoW – “Player vs player however is the exact opposite. It encourages the MMO aspect of the game. You see a group of people being attacked, you join in. You are getting attacked, people you never met come to help you. “
- Scott Jennings brings us the news that – seriously – a major US television personality is claiming that EVE Online corp Goonswarm is a codeword for the CIA – “Glenn Beck figures out the real story behind Sean Smith’s death: Goonswarm Is Literally The CIA.”
- Spinks highlights a potential upcoming problem with MoP’s loot system – a severe lack of PUG tanks and healers – “This new system means it would be pretty suboptimal of me to offer to tank instances while I’m trying to use them to gear up for raids; I would only get tanking drops.”
- Rohan argues that WoW should never lose its combat res mechanics – “Combat resses are a “catch-up mechanic”. These mechanics allow players to recover from a mistake and keep going. Without these mechanics, game outcomes have the potential to be unchangeable.”
- And Jef Reahard gives us a really interesting look at Funcom’s history as he argues we shouldn’t worry about The Secret World closing – “You know the rest of the story, though. The game continues to this day. It’s slated for a graphical overhaul, and while it’s not setting any population records, it’s beloved by many, and more importantly, it’s turning a profit for its parent company nearly 12 years after its maiden voyage.”
Enjoyed today’s posts? Please consider sharing them!