Fury Warrior Quick-Start Guide For WoW Patch 5.4 – Stats, talents and spec, glyphs, rotation, reforging and gems, and ability priorities

by on August 29, 2012

Warrior smash! But warrior confused, because new patch notes long and scary. Don’t worry! We’ve got everything to get you back up and running in WoW Patch 5.4, whether you’re Single Minded Fury or Titan’s Grip – from glyphs and talents to stats, reforging and gemming to MoP’s ability priorities and rotation. It’s covered here – quickly – so you can stop scratching you head and get smashing stuff. Before you do them the wrong way round, ‘cos that might hurt.

Updated 17th September 2013 for World of Warcraft Patch 5.4

Fury Warrior Changes in Patch 5.4

No significant changes to Fury in this patch.

Fury Warrior “Rotation” and Priorities

The Fury warrior rotation is mostly unchanged from Cataclysm.

Single-target DPS

Start by Charging. Follow this priority tree for ability use:

• Top Priority: Use Bloodthirst if that’s available. If not, use Colossus Smash if it’s available.
  • Second Priority: Use Execute if it’s available. If it’s not, use Raging Blow .
  • Third Priority: If Bloodsurge is active, use Wild Strike. If you have too much Rage, use Heroic Strike.

Keep Battle Shout up through all this – you’ll only need to use it once per minute. If you’re low on rage, use Battle Shout and Charge wherever possible.

Note: this is a simplified rotation. See the Links section at the bottom for a much more complex rotation that will give you higher DPS once you master it.

AOE DPS

If you’re facing multiple enemies, use Cleave instead of Heroic Strike. If you’re facing three or more opponents, use Whirlwind instead of or as well as Cleave.

Use Heroic Leap against multiple opponents instead of Charge.

Cooldowns

• Recklessness, Berserker Rage – use these whenever possible.
  • Skull Banner – Use when your party needs a DPS boost, or in a raid when your raid leader tells you to.
  • Rallying Cry – powerful raid/party-wide defensive ability. Use when your raid leader tells you to, or when people look like they’re about to die in a dungeon!

Buffs

Stay in Battle Stance unless you will take heavy damage, when you should use Berserker Stance. As mentioned before, keep Battle Shout (or Commanding Shout if your raid leader tells you to use that) up.

Fury Warrior Talent Choices

Here’s a good basic setup to get out and killing things with:

• Tier 1: Double Time
  • Tier 2: Impending Victory – gives you a minor heal.
  • Tier 3: Disrupting Shout – AoE spell interrupt ability.
  • Tier 4: Bladestorm – another powerful DPS cooldown. Use whenever it’s available.
  • Tier 5: Vigilance
  • Tier 6: Storm Bolt – a short-cooldown DPS ability. Use as often as possible.

Stats, reforging and gemming for fury Warrior

Hit and Expertise are really important in 5.1, and their caps have changed. Note that Strength is NOT our most important stat.

Priorities: Hit and Expertise to cap (both 7.5% / 2550 rating) > Critical Strike > Strength > Mastery > Haste

Reforging: Reforge to the Hit and Expertise caps first, then reforge to Crit. Reforge from excess Hit and Expertise first, then Haste.
Gems: Use Inscribed (Crit/Str) gems in Red sockets, Smooth (Crit) in Yellow sockets, and Piercing (Crit/Hit) in Blue sockets.
Meta Gem: Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond

Fury Glyphs

Like talents, you should experiment to find your preferred Glyphs – but here is a good basic selection with no downsides:

Major: Glyph of Unending Rage, Glyph of Recklessness, Glyph of Bull Rush.
Minor: Glyph of Intimidating Shout is good. Others are your choice!

Fury Warrior enchants and item enhancements

You should almost always use a profession enhancement item if it provides appropriate stats instead of a general enchant.

• Shoulder – Greater Tiger Fang Inscription
  • Back – Enchant Cloak – Accuracy or Enchant Cloak – Superior Critical Strike
  • Chest – Enchant Chest – Glorious Stats
  • Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Exceptional Strength
  • Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Super Strength
  • Belt – Living Steel Belt Buckle
  • Legs – Angerhide Leg Armor
  • Feet – Enchant Boots – Greater Precision or Enchant Boots – Greater Haste
  • Weapon – Enchant Weapon – Dancing Steel

Links

If you want more detail on fury Warrior play:

• The official WoW forums have a great guide to Fury in MoP from Samayael.
  • Icy Veins have a detailed guide to all things fury Warrior.
  • Finally, as a WoW player, you should really check out the latest and greatest from the blogosphere on World of Warcraft, here at the Melting Pot.

If you’ve found this article useful, please consider sharing it using the buttons below!

If you enjoyed this article, check out our other posts from these categories: Archives

Roonzke August 30, 2012 at 8:06 am

Vigilance?

Hugh Hancock August 30, 2012 at 9:50 am

Bit of a “best of a bad lot” choice on that tier. Honestly, choose whichever you prefer.

Michael September 1, 2012 at 12:20 am

Talenting into Bladestorm gives an extremely preferable AoE dps option. That may patch soon, but as it is, it seems to decimate most large trash mobs.

Hugh Hancock September 1, 2012 at 10:33 am

Useful tip – thanks!

Gygax Mok'Nathal September 3, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Battle stance? instead of Berzerker?

Hugh Hancock September 3, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Yup. The way stances work changed in 5.04 – nowadays, Battle Stance is the best stance to use unless you’re taking heavy damage. In that case, Berserker stance can still be useful.

Michael September 5, 2012 at 12:50 am

For AoE, it seems to yield the best dps if you, even on mob sizes less than 4, use Whirlwind to gain meat cleaver stacks, then use Raging Blow to hit up to 4 targets at once. It works out perfectly, since you can now stow some Raging blow stacks as a separate buff, allowing you to time Meat cleaver stacks with the attack.

eric September 20, 2012 at 6:59 pm

O.o OMG you mean a 20 20 str and crit or 25 25 of them would be better then a 50+ str cut for red sockets would be better!!!! i know mop is only 5 days away but this is interesting to me maybe you could a look at my main and give some advice for me to try, i am a warrior freak and have 3 85 warriors and 2-3 more i am leveling for professions just cause it’s easier.
server bloodscalp
toon wicketness
guild Smurf Hunters (i am GM)(very helpful guild for new players i supply alot for members)
*bored atm and i am willing to try new things on my warrior(s)

Lyco October 17, 2012 at 4:43 pm

It may not be the best choice but I refuse to give up Blade Storm as a talent. I was originally an arms warrior but switched to fury as it was meant to be better dps (that swapped in Cata ofc) but I couldn’t be bothered with going back to arms (have a tanking os too) so I stayed fury.

Now that I can stay fury AND have blade storm, there is so no way in hell I am swapping it out. I’ve missed it so much lol.

James December 23, 2012 at 6:19 am

Actually,when you get down to it, Phailstorm is for the “Short-bus” Arms warriors that can’t master fury.
Look very closely at Dragon’s Roar….”ALWAYS a CRITICAL HIT” this means it hits for maximum damage,and can be stacked and buffed even higher with the use of Bloodbath,Battle Shout, and Berserker Rage.
It has a shorter CD than Bladestorm, 1 min vs 1.5.
I’ve watched in LFR groups and yeah, Phailstorm will spike over 100k in the first fight, but, in the long haul, overall dps goes down, and I’m getting 60-80% of their dps with “worse” gear item level wise.
Really, when you get down to it, all 3 moves from that tier are AoE.
So, in theory, Shockwave would be best as it has only a 20 second CD, and has the ultra useful stun/interrupt ability.

Spela på Leo Vegas March 21, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Så du vill aldrig att snurra ner lite du alltid vill spinna höger nästan freespins i mellan
skulderbladen och ryggen du vill behålla ditt intresse så hög nivå.

Eftersom det är en mycket märklig stroke.

sms lån April 11, 2014 at 11:07 am

I was more than happy to discover this web site.
I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this fantastic read!!
I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you saved to fav to
see new information in your blog.

blog.libero.it May 1, 2014 at 11:38 am

It’s amazing fooг me to have a wweb page, which is valuable fߋr myy
knoա-how. thanks admin

livres mobi May 9, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I have read so many content about the blogger lovers except
this paragraph is really a good article, keep it up.

livres gratuit May 15, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Hey there, You’ve done an incredible job.

I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend
to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

bingo June 14, 2014 at 6:01 am

Excellent website. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And naturally, thanks for your effort!

Margarette June 18, 2014 at 11:54 am

This removes the need unlicensed contractors to hire a contractor mention this
tip, but the homeowner will be able to accomplish. Finding unlicensed
contractors the right place. Well to begin work on what it might be
able to easily identify the parties involved did not
provide you with your own personal safety as
well as residential settings. You won’t be a simple, but, they are dealing only with A.
You want to save lives every day unlicensed contractors life.
This is by far the most prominent leakers of intelligence operations center special report.

it June 26, 2014 at 2:06 am

I every time used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am
a user of web so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

Ona July 26, 2014 at 4:33 pm

My family every time say that I am killing my time here at net,
but I know I am getting knowledge every day by
reading thes good content.

free ebook July 26, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I believe this is among the so much vital info
for me. And i’m happy reading your article. But want to remark on few basic issues,
The web site style is ideal, the articles is truly excellent : D.

Good process, cheers