More MMORPG bloggers are taking advantage of this summer’s lull before the storm to tell us a little bit about the person behind the keyboard.
Yes, Ambermist aka Battlechicken’s challenge to the blogosphere to talk about things a little bit more personal than their opinion of the Pandaren dance animations is really bearing fruit! Six new bloggers have taken up the challenge over the weekend, telling us things about themselves from the interesting to the very personal:
- Dragonray at Azerothian Life talks about a very personal and upsetting experience, and how it informs her views and the things she fights for and against – triggering warning, this post discusses rape and sexual assault – “It is not something people walk away from in the next scene – and it is certainly not something that has no effect on you. “
- Matty at Sugar And Blood talks about her real-life as opposed to her online identity – “With the advent of social media, blogging, and all that it offers, I had what is both a liberating and highly combustible combination: immediate gratification for writing.”
- Rakuno at Shards of Imagination reveals a number of interesting details about his life – “I am a brazilian. Or if you want to get technical about it, half-brazilian, half-japanese. Unfortunately, I don’t know much about japanese culture. Or even eat japanese food. “
- Eva at Image Heavy shares a number of quick things about her – “I met The Boyfriend on WoW. Conveniently the huge, huge family loves him! Playing with him is when I have the most fun on the game by far.”
- Kamalia from Kamalia Et Alia tells us about her hobbies, including her remarkably mathematical knitting – “I learned to crochet from my maternal grandmother when I was in my late teens, and I only really know the one stitch that she taught me. “
- And just in case you missed it, the Melting Pot actually jumped on this meme ourselves earlier today
Are you planning to join in the unveiling?