Cloud Serpents, the Mists of Pandaria / Pandaren pet and mount – quests, the Order, and how to get a Cloud Serpent Mount

by on March 19, 2012

Oh, now this is cool. Announced in the Mists of Pandaria press event of March 2012, the Pandaren mount is the Cloud Serpent – and for the first time ever, you won’t just be given one full-grown. Oh, no. Instead, you’ll have to raise one from the egg, through to it being a mini-pet, and then finally from a pet to a mount, before training it with the Order of The Cloud Serpent in a race arena!. So, want to know how to get a Cloud Serpent of your very own? Read on!

Updated 20th September 2012

How do we get our Cloud Serpent mounts?

You’ll learn how to ride a Cloud Serpent from the Order of the Cloud Serpent in the Arboretum in Jade Forest.

Here’s the bad news, first of all: you’ll need to be level 90 before you can even start on the Cloud Serpent questline.

In order to get a Cloud Serpent of your very own to ride, you’ll first need to join the Order of the Cloud Serpent – which you can do by finding Instructor Tong in the Jade Forest. He’ll give you the quest Wild Things, which will start you on the path to joining the Order.

You’ll then need to complete three quests – Beating the Odds, Empty Nests and Egg Collection – before you get Choosing The One, at which point you’ll pick a colour and you’ll be given an egg. Yes, an egg. The egg will promptly hatch into a tiny little mini-Serpent. Note that the colour you choose is the colour of the Serpent you’ll eventually get.

Over the next days, you’ll have to do daily quests with your mini-Serpent in order to grow him to full, rideable size. You’ll need to get your reputation with the Order to Exalted before they’ll teach you to ride him – you’ll start out by doing 3 dailies defending the Order and its serpents, then add in more quests related to playing with your Serpent, using secondary professions, and more.

We’ll have more details on exactly what you need to do to get your Serpent as soon as they’re confirmed on Live.

Once he’s full-grown, can you just leap on and ride away into the sunset? Hell no. You’ll then need to undergo a further series of quests to train your Dragon – uh – Serpent, this time definitely in the Order’s racetrack – with spectators cheering you on.

You can find other Cloud Serpents elsewhere in Pandaria – but you’ll still need Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent to ride them.

I won’t lie, I’m kinda excited by all this.

Haven’t we seen a “Cloud Serpent” somewhere before?

Indeed we have. In fact, Cloud Serpents are a type of Wind Serpent already in the game, mostly found in Thousand Needles pre-Cataclysm.

However, the new Cloud Serpents bear no resemblance to Wind Serpents – instead, they’re inspired by art of Chinese Dragons:

Eastern Dragon

What will the Cloud Serpents look like?

Cloud Serpents are fantastic-looking mounts. As expected, they look rather like the classical Chinese dragon, in a variety of colours.

Here’s a good video of all the available Cloud Serpent colours, from the guys at MMO Champion:

So who are these Order of the Cloud Serpent guys, then?

According to the Blizz press blitz, they’re an ancient order of flying warriors – presumably flying with the aid of the aforementioned Cloud Serpents, although in Chinese Mythology Land, it’s hard to be sure.

They’re also a faction in Mists of Pandaria, and you’ll need to grind reputation with them in order to get your Cloud Serpent in the first place.

What else do we or don’t we know?

• We know that the designers are using the Winterspring Cub questline and rep grind as the inspiration for the Cloud Serpent chain, along with the Ungoro Crater Baby Raptor quest chain.
  • We know they sound really cool. Did I mention that?

Do you know anything else about the Cloud Serpents? Do you think they sound cool too? Let us know below!

If you enjoyed this article, check out our other posts from these categories: Archives,World of Warcraft

Gibbsong March 27, 2012 at 1:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZQQOhsizWI has the supposed models and they look awesome.

Ric August 28, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Actually this ISN’T the first time that something like this has been done. In Un’goro Crater there is a vendor that will give you a tiny Venomhide Raveasaur hatchling that you have to do dailies with for 20 days to let him grow! Then you bring I believe 80 gold, a stack of cloth (don’t remember what kind) and he put it all together onto your brand new shiny mount! I really liked this style of raising your own mount! I don’t think a lot of people did this because its under a Feat of Strength achievement! Looking forward to this!

Lyco October 17, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Actually I think a lot of people did it, who would pass up a free mount? Plus it was long after we ally got the Winterspring Frostsaber that the Horde got their sexy raptor equivalent.

I’d also like to mention how annoyed I was that not long after I went through the looong, annoying repeatable quest process to get my winterspring frostsaber Blizz changed it so it’s much simpler to get.

Was hoping this guide would have a pic of the eggs as well, was hoping to never have to go egg hunting again after the Netherwing grind (though by the time I did that the eggs were pretty easily obtained from the mine there).

wtf September 28, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Don’t forget in winterspring, you raise a cub to become a pet, and later a mount as well.

prince7448.blogspot.be April 6, 2014 at 3:06 am

He died in 1985 but this very personal museum can be a lasting reminder of your very
remarkable man. I am not a PC player, please anyone let me to remove Dell Inspiron password…” We usually hear such inquiry around us.
The free Lyrics Search app is accessible at the Android
Market.

blogspot.com April 15, 2014 at 9:21 pm

I have been surfing on-line greater than three hours today, yet I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
It’s pretty worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the internet will be much more helpful than ever before.

dragon city hack tool June 11, 2014 at 6:01 am

First off I would like to say great blog! I had
a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing.
I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.
I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems
like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations
or tips? Kudos!

astuce pour gagner de l argent sur internet June 29, 2014 at 9:21 pm

If some one desires to be updated with most recent technologies then he
must be go to see this web site and be up to date daily.

castle clash ios free Cheat July 22, 2014 at 11:11 pm

What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have
discovered It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads.
I hope to contribute & aid other customers like its aided me.
Good job.