Ah, I do love a good NDA-drop day. Last week, whilst I was busy sunning myself on the mountain slopes of Skyrim, Bioware and Electronic Arts announced that bloggers and press were now free to comment on the Star Wars: The Old Republic beta, which many of them have been playing for months.
So, the news, views and opinions are now out there – and the good news is this: there’s no “hated it” section in this roundup list.
- Keen and Graev think it’s a Bioware RPG that you can play with friends
- MMO Gamer Chick covers everything, and I mean EVERYTHING
- Mana Obscura delves into the details, and offers insightful pros and cons (plus performance details)
- Doctors of Philosophy go over each gameplay point with a lot of screenshots
- Blessing of Kings feels that SWTOR offers great story, but some problematic gameplay mechanics
Retelling the Experience
- The Land of Odd tells us about both character choices and the experience of SW:TOR grouping
- Hunter’s Insight feels the voice acting is great, but the questing is old-fashioned
- Level Capped says the story will stay with him
- The Ancient Gaming Noob finds that MMO combat mechanics don’t fit well with a universe where Han killed Greedo with one shot
If you found this roundup useful please share it with your friends!