Being a new World of Warcraft player is hard. There’s a lot to remember, and a lot of new information to take on board. If you’re struggling with a new class or a new role, if people are shouting at you or being mean to you and you don’t know why, or if you simply want to stop making common, easily-avoidable mistakes, have a look at our guides, below.
Alternatively, if you have a player in your party who could use a few tips or is clearly doing something very wrong – the classic “Hunter in melee wearing cloth”, for example – point them to this page. That way you’ll get some friendly help for them, and some increased DPS, less inappropriate “need” rolls or more CC for you!
Common mistakes in Warcraft
Read our list of easy mistakes to make in a Warcraft dungeon.
Specific Dungeon Strategy Guides (super-quick)
Here’s a guide to each of the Cataclysm Heroic dungeons
Other brief dungeon guides coming some time soon!
What am I doing wrong as a …
- Retribution Paladin
- Frost or Unholy Death Knight
- Balance Druid
- Feral Cat Druid
- Survival, Marksmanship or Beastmastery Hunter
- Frost, Fire or Arcane Mage
- Shadow Priest
- Subtlety, Assassination or Combat Rogue
- Elemental Shaman
- Enhancement Shaman
- Demonology, Affliction or Destruction Warlock
- Arms or Fury Warrior
We’ll add more guides, covering the remaining roles, soon!
Other helpful guides
- How to afford all that nice stuff on the Auction House
- How to install and use WoW addons, and the most popular ones
- How to leave a guild – not just the commands, but also how to do so without bad feeling.
- How to get a pet in WoW – whether you want a ferocious combat pet or a cute companion pet, here’s how to acquire one.
- Need a ride? We introduce some easy mounts to get in WoW
- WoW guides tend to talk about your “rotation” – but what is a WoW rotation, and what is a priority system?
- The first of our WoW statistics guides, for probably the most complex stat in WoW: what is Mastery?
Please spread the word!
If you’ve found these guides useful, either as a new player or an experienced one, please do link to them!
There’s a lot of noise out there, and very little information targetted specifically at new people, so you can really help out by spreading the word of these guides.
Help out a new player and improve your LFD runs, all in one!