Ok, I have had a busy week. And I’m about ready to collapse.
Why? Well, usually when a big patch comes out we at the Melting Pot do a roundup of guides for each class and spec. And frankly, it’s a bit of a nightmare. Some are better than others. Some guides are outdated, or hard to read, or about a million words long (Elitist Jerks, I’m looking at you). And for some poor specs, there just isn’t anything, no matter how hard we scour.
So this week I’ve had a rather ambitious project. To write up a Quick Start guide for each and every spec in the game, updated to Patch 4.2.
And I’m extremely proud, and rather exhausted, to say I’ve now achieved it.
- Protection Paladin tanking in 4.3
- Protection Warrior tanking in 4.3
- Feral Bear Druid tanking in 4.3
- Blood Death Knight tanking in 4.3
- Restoration Druid Healing in 4.3
- Restoration Shaman Healing in 4.3
- Holy Paladin Healing in 4.3
- Holy Priest Healing in 4.3
- Discipline Priest Healing in 4.3
- Unholy Death Knight DPS in 4.3
- Frost Death Knight DPS in 4.3
- Feral Cat Druid DPS in 4.3
- Balance Druid DPS in 4.3
- Marksmanship Hunter DPS in 4.3
- Survival Hunter DPS in 4.3
- Beast Mastery Hunter DPS in 4.3
- Retribution Paladin DPS in 4.3
- Combat Rogue DPS in 4.3
- Assassination Rogue DPS in 4.3
- Subtlety Rogue DPS in 4.3
- Enhancement Shaman DPS in 4.3
- Elemental Shaman DPS in 4.3
- Frost Mage DPS in 4.3
- Fire Mage DPS in 4.3
- Arcane Mage DPS in 4.3
- Shadow Priest DPS in 4.2
- Affliction Warlock DPS in 4.3
- Destruction Warlock DPS in 4.3
- Demonology Warlock DPS in 4.3
- Arms Warrior DPS in 4.3
- Fury Warrior DPS in 4.3
These guides aren’t meant to be detailed discussions a la Elitist Jerks – they include links at the end to more detailed guides as I found them. But they’re meant to be a quick start go get you up and running after the patch, or after a spec change, or with a new character.
Obviously, there are going to be typos, mistakes, and so on. I’d really appreciate it if you could let me know about those in the comments for each article if you find them!
If you think these are useful guides, please do share them via links, blogs, Twitter and so on!
Ok, enjoy! I’m going to go collapse now.