Now, an MMO blog post that makes me think “oooooh, that’s a good idea!” or “what if…” is a blog post that I might well feature on the Pot. I mean, there are other sorts of posts too, but those posts are strong contenders. And today, within the space of about 20 minutes, I found several of them about a whole bunch of MMOs. It led me to a quandary – which one do I feature?
There’s only one answer to that. All of them. So here goes – hope they inspire you to ponder as much as they did me.
- What If WotLK Never Happened – Priest With A Cause: “WOTLK introduced so many new mechanics to the game that it’s actually quite hard to imagine WoW without them now. But what if?”
- Remove The Daily Heroic – Blsesing of Kings: “But suppose that Heroic 5-mans never gave out Valor? That the only way you could get Valor is from raiding. What would happen?”
- Big Pulls – Heavy Wool Bandage: “But if you consistently are bored as healer and feel like demanding that the rest of the group perform poorly just so you’ll have something more exciting to do, maybe you shouldn’t be healing.”
- Anticipation – Bio Break: “…I simply love looking forward to new games. I kind of find it silly when people tell me not to, just because there’s a chance they may let me down. Well, yes, I understand that, but for me it’s like movies.”
- [SWTOR] Why I Still Want To Play This Thing – Welcome To Spinksville: “What I am expecting from SWTOR is exactly Bioware mechanics and storytelling ‘bolted on’ to an MMO core, which probably will have a lot in common with WoW-type games. So telling me it’s like that is really not a turn-off.”
That’s it for now – have you got any thoughts on these? Or did I miss a post that should be on here? Either way, let us know!
Quotes taken directly from posts linked just before them