So Hugh and I are gallivanting off to the other end of the country to visit family for a week from next Tuesday, the 10th. We’ve got quite an action-packed schedule and I’m looking at it thinking I’ll be unlikely to keep up a regular schedule on the Pot for that week. Sorry about that!
But that’s where you guys come in. I figured I’d open up the Pot’s space rather than let it go blank – I’d love to schedule some guest posts to go live during that week. It’ll be good times for everyone. You get to say howdy to the Pot’s readership of lovely and dedicated players, they get to read something fresh and different on the site, and I get to not worry about lights going out on the Pot for a week.
What sort of posts?
You don’t have to write link-love posts like most of ours are. I mean, you’re definitely welcome to if you want to, but given I’d like to schedule them before I go away to go up during my week away, link posts will probably be a bit old by the time they go live. But you’re welcome to do it anyway if you think there’s something huge and exciting that we’ve missed highlighting!
Other ideas you could run with for a guest post include…
- Some kind of class guide for whatever game you play (I’d love to read more about Rift and LoTRO classes, and WoW guides always go down well like ED’s last time we ran guest posts)
- Traditional post – An opinion post like you would normally post on your own site – write it and send it in, happy to feature them!
- A roundup of blogs you want to give a shout out to for whatever reason
- Gold tips
- Dust off your best or favourite posts from your archives that you think people will enjoy, and do a roundup of your own best posts
- Addon review or roundup – we haven’t focused much on addons recently (doh) so maybe you want to?
- ….pretty much anything else MMO related you want!
I’d like them in my inbox by 12 am BST (4 pm PCT) next Monday 9th May, generally – gives me a chance to schedule on WordPress before hitting the road. If you’d really like to do this but can’t fit it in by Monday I can probably work something out for quick scheduling one or two posts later in the week but will have less time to format anything that needs formatting.
That’s pretty much it! You’re welcome to send in a post whoever you are – whether or not you’re a blogger already – so long as it’s about MMOs and you, y’know, are a gamer. If you’re going to send something in, please post a comment here or email us.
Thanks very much in advance – if you’ve got any questions or anything, feel free to ping me either here or on twitter!