So the newest, biggest and badest (take that how you will) patch dropped for WoW today in the form of 4.1. There have been a fair amount of changes from new 5 mans Zul’Gurub and Zul’Aman, 4.1 class changes and some other general changes to the way WoW works. There are also a fair amount of bugs with the new WoW patch, surprise surprise. Like last time there was a major patch, our aim here at the Pot is to help you get up to speed with what you need to know with patch 4.1.
Generally the links we’re providing are to posts written by industrious bloggers. We’re including everything practically-useful from class changes to PvP to tactics and addons.
At present it’s not a complete list. I’d like to keep updating it with more links, especially for classes and specs I’ve not yet found any help for, so if you find/have something please shoot it my way via the comments, twitter or the contact form. Shout if there’s something specific you want that we’ve not covered, too. Otherwise, here goes, I hope it’s helpful – I’ve included a table of contents so you can easily see what we’ve got and get to it post-haste.
- Class changes: Death Knight
- Class changes: Druid
- Class changes: Hunter
- Class changes: Paladin
- Class changes: Priest
- Class changes: Shaman
- Class changes: Warlock
- General 4.1 guides
- Tactics for 4.1 content
- Bugs and addons in 4.1
- PvP in 4.1
Patch 4.1 class changes:
- Daniel Whitcomb of WoW Insider has primers for all types of DKs on how 4.1 affects blood, frost or unholy DKs.
- Blood DK tanks get special treatment from Gravity over at pwnwear with a summary of changes specifically related blood tanking in 4.1
- Angelya has a round-up of everything you need to know as a druid in 4.1. Her post provides links onwards to posts explaining 4.1 changes for resto druids, feral druids, balance druids and bear druids.
- Feral bears have a real treat for 4.1 bear changes in this post from Sunnier. He starts off with a clear TL:DR then goes into the real meat of bear changes in 4.1
- Cheres over at Shot And Awe has the 4.1 hunter changes covered with extra commentary!
- Holy paladins out there are covered by Kurn’s quick and easy summary of how patch 4.1 affects holy paladins
- Discy priest changes in 4.1 are covered by Malevica – though she’s also got some thoughts for other healer classes too.
- Discy and Holy priests can also go see a roundup, tailored just to you healing priests in 4.1, from Matticus over at World of Matticus.
- Shadow priest? 4.1? Check out Fox Van Allen’s guide just for you.
- Resto shamans should get the bulk of their 4.1 info from Vixsin’s very readable guide, including a TL:DR version at the end. She also covers some 4.1 notes for other healers and warriors.
- Rahana over at Blueberry Totem has some positive thoughts on a select few resto shaman changes.
- Thisius has a good, concise roundup of how patch 4.1 is affecting you locks – something here for every spec.
- Not sure what’s going on with patch 4.1? Get up to speed with WoW Insider’s 4.1 general guide
- Lujanera has a great cheat sheet with tactics for both the new 5 man instances in 4.1. Matticus also has a quick ‘n dirty TL:DR roundup of the boss tactics in Zul’Aman and Zul’Gurub.
- Ttrinity has a detailed post with tips for healing Heroic Zul’Gurub
- Alto has some advice on tactics for making gold in patch 4.1 – I expect to see more gold-making tips surfacing in the near future too!
- Sharden has a roundup of the known issues and bugs in patch 4.1, as well as an account of bugs he experienced in his own raid
- WoW Interface is running a 4.1 addon survival guide listing addons that have and (a lot that) haven’t yet been updated for 4.1
- Cynwise has us covered on battleground changes in 4.1