Let me tell you now, going through a blogroll the size I keep track of on April Fool’s day could drive a person mad. BUT! I thought. If you can’t beat ‘em… well, at least join in the spirit. We’re not running an April Fool’s (today’s earlier Friday Feedback post was 100% authentic and we do want your feedback) but we’re doing a roundup of the April Fools posts out there. Because, to put it bluntly, there’s a lot of fun – believeable – posts and so many of them have got me giggling. Join in and have a read
- 4.1 PTR Update, much needed changes! – Rank 4 Healing Touch has the scoop on today’s rseto druid big change announcements! Wow, I think Imma going to be calling for some nerfs…
- Orcalicious and Draenic Army Knife – Vidyala and Rades have been swapping some tips and they’ve ended up inspiring each other to race change! They’ve even changed all their blog designs already, that’s some enthusiasm for their newfound love of each others’ races! Some great – and timely – co-ordination.
- Public Quests Come To WoW In Patch 4.3 – Tobold’s breaking the news that Blizzard’s stealing adapting Rift’s public quests and invasion-style portals. My, Deathwing’s going to be a busy dragon.
- Postcards from Azeroth – Rioriel’s postcards today tell a whole story. He’s taken them down for some reason but he sent me screenies – find them here and here. Wow, the graphics in games just keep getting better and better… and I swear I’ve never seen those things in Azeroth… Oh, also check out the pic of the Tomb of Eternal Darkness here.
- Rift or WoW? Goodbye Azeroth! – Cold’s leaving Azeroth in favour of Rift! Noes! He’s asking if you’re going with him…
- Crabby the dungeon helper and more – WoW Insider have all the details of Blizzard’s announcements today – ranging from Crabby the new dungeon guide, to a whole new instance using new technology, and even a Starcraft 2 announcement. So much to jump up and down about!
Lord of the Rings gags
A Casual Stroll to Mordor’s had a busy day with some particularly class posts…
- A HardCore Sprint To Mordor – they’ve announced a new direction and title for their blog! Good luck to them with jumping into the fast lane, let’s hope they don’t get run down…!
- Potential Class Changes – they’ve got details on lots of new and exciting class changes for LotRO. Everything from great dental work allowing your captain toon to swing weapons without the use of your arms to loremasters being able to summon a beacon of soap to clean up grimey dwarves… it’s all here.
- Pineleaef Peruses Surival: Hobbiton – a new PvP skirmish comes to LoTRO, specifically to Hobbiton. And it sounds brutal. Delivering pies? Oh noes! (Actually, given the nature of Hobbits I could believe this one for real…)
General MMO gags
- I Believe In America – Psychochild’s running for President, complete with campaign statements that fix all the ‘bugs’ in real life, like the low spawn rate of doctors. Don’t forget to watch out for him in the polls.
- And Now, The End is Near. I Face The Final Curtain – Redhawk’s posted his farewells on his WoW blog and his Rift blog. He’s got himself a rap deal and is off to record his first album under the tutelage of Jay-Z with Rock-a-fella label. He’s included his thanks too, so be sure to check if you’re on there.
- [GW2] First of April Content – Ravious has the details on the new, extra GW2 class and patchnotes that were announced today. Mike over at MMO Crunch also has some details on the official April Fools for all of WoW, GW2 and Star Wars.
- Breaking: Critical Urgent Information Announcement – Darth Hater’s rebelling due to various Most Excellent And Important (uh huh) Star-Wars related reasons. He’s now called Titan Hater and will be reporting on Jumpgate: Evolution!
- Building The Willhelm Arcturus Brand For The Willhelm Arcturus Decade – The Ancient Gaming Noob is rebranding his entire website and will now be refocusing on important things like what he eats and how he feels while gaming. Definitely in touch with this century.