Ahhh! Somebody help me! I haven’t managed to log in yet today. Withdrawal…symptoms…from…Cataclysm. I’ve been out and about in that thing beyond my front door with great graphics and nitwibblingly inconvenient weather effects. Real life I think they call it. Anyway, I intend to login soon – before I start twitching in a corner and Hugh has to coax me out with mince pies – but before that I want to catch up with you. What are you up to – 85 yet? Running around as a little green man or giant scary wolf in a dress? Savouring the new quests for all they’re worth?
Let us know, just like some of our local bloggers have done…
- Who’s driving this story – Tamarind’s been running around the worgen starting zone and ruminating on the new story-focused, linear types of quests the expansion’s ushered in. He’s examining just what a good story should be able to do over multiple reads… and compares it to sex. With tentacles. Yep, it’s Tam. Go read.
- Hit Em Where They Aren’t – when Honors logged in to Cataclysm he had A Plan. He didn’t zip to the new zones – he went Northrend mining, for a reason. With special gloves. He wanders through what he went off to do after that – nothing special, but there’s a sense of comaraderie in hearing someone else’s travels.
- Goodbye, Guild Achievement Experience – Jen’s mourning the sudden change that guild achievements will no longer count for guild experience. She says that although she suspects this has been done to level the playing field so that small (active) guilds level as fast as big guilds, it still doesn’t feel right: little incremental victories and gains won’t really count to benefitting the whole team, which is an important feeling in a small guild. I’m with her here. (Note – see our guide to guild experience for Cataclysm
- Cataclysm Tanking Cheat Sheet part 3 – smcwhtdtmc’s cheat-sheet series is complete. This one covers tactics tanks need to know for Grim Batol, Halls of Origination and the Lost City of Tol’vir. I have a feeling these series is going to be golddust for a couple of weeks.
- Cataclysm Drops Vs. Quest Rewards – brief post from Spinks musing on how items seem to be more or less balanced in Cataclysm. She’s noticed that the greens we’re picking up from the get-go are actually useful and probably shouldn’t just be chucked in the Auto-disenchant sack.
So! How about you – do you have any stories to share with us two days in?