This guide is out of date! Check out our Patch 4.2 guide to Arms Warrior Glyphs, Gems, Stats, Rotation, Reforging and everything else to get the latest info!
So you’re a master of arms. An Arms Warrior in fact. But you woke up one morning and everything had changed. How do you use all the abilities you had mastered as an Arms warrior now? How do you play Arms in patch 4.1? Well, relax that furrowed brow and stop waving the oversized blunt/sharp/stabby weapon. You’ll have someone’s eye out. Relax, read our basic guide for playing Arms warriors in patch 4.1, and you’ll soon be back to looking the coolest soldier out there.
Arms warrior rotation:
Single target: Rend > Colossus Smash > Mortal Strike > Overpower > Slam
- Once mob health is at or below 20% use Execute instead of Slam
- _If Rend is about to fall off your target hit Mortal Strike before anything else to refresh Rend
_ * _Use Overpower whenever it cools down/procs, only use Colossus Smash to refresh its debuff.
_ * _Use Heroic Strike if you have 70+ rage
Multi target: Rend > Thunderclap > Sweeping Strikes > Bladestorm > Thunderclap > *
- This is if you have the Blood and Thunder talent.
- _* If bladestorm and sweeping strikes are on CD activate inner rage (if high rage) or deadly calm (if low rage) and spam cleave
Arms talent specs:
Hit > Expertise > Strength > Critical Strike Rating up to 35% > Mastery > Haste
- _You need 8% hit = 961 hit rating. You also need 26 Expertise. Once you have these numbers stop stacking them.
_ * Reforge haste to hit until capped, then to crit until 35%, then mastery * _Mastery Rating is very nearly as important as Critical Strike Rating in 4.1
_ * Gem for strength in red and blue sockets. Gem for Strength + Critical strike in yellow if the socket bonus is worth it (i.e. +10 strength).
- _Consider taking Glyph of Cleaving for AoE heavy fights. See above for how to use cleave effectively._
- Arms warrior 4.0 discussion at Elitist Jerks
- WoW Insider’s warrior column
- Youtube video guide for Arms warriors
- No More Noobs’ Arms PvP 4.0 tips and tricks
Was this guide helpful? Then sign up to get email updates when it’s updated! We keep them updated on a fairly regular basis when we get new information or when patches come in to help you stay on top of your game. Don’t worry – we’re not going to spam you. You’ll only get Arms-related updates!
Alternatively, do you want to read cool stuff about WoW daily? Then check out our main World of Warcraft page, and get the best posts from the Internet’s WoW blogs, every day.
(Well, every day except Sunday. We’re not religious, but we are sometimes hung over.)