This guide is now out of date – but don’t worry! Read our guide to destro lock talent specs, reforging and gemming, and priorities in Patch 4.2 to get the latest info!
Deathwing bringing Cataclysm to the world? Pah! You are a destruction warlock, and rains of fire are your speciality. But patch 4.0.1 has confused your destruction warlock noggin, you say? Well, we’ll get you sorted out so that you can get back to doing what you do best: setting things on fire and cackling while you do it.
Destruction warlock rotation:
Soul Fire > Immolate > Conflagrate > Bane of Doom > Shadowflame > Corruption > Chaos Bolt > Soul Fire (if hasted from Soul Burn or your imp) > Incinerate
- This is a priority list. If any of the spells or buffs from an earlier step fall off or refresh their cooldown, use that instead of a later step.
- If you reach the end of the list cast incinerate, which is a spell you cast when there’s nothing else to do.
Destruction talent spec:
**Stats, reforging and gems as a Destruction warlock:
Stats order: Hit (until hit capped at 448⁄17%) > Intellect > Haste (up to 1200 haste) > Mastery > Critical Strike Rating
- Reforge spirit, crit, extra hit and some(!) haste into Mastery.
- Gem hit until capped, then haste. Intellect is also good.
Minor: your choice.
- Elitist Jerks pre-Cataclysm warlock raiding thread including destruction information
- MMO Champion Destruction Warlock 4.0.1 forum thread
- WoW insider’s Warlock column – useful for extra warlock information
- Warlock PvPing in 4.0.1 guide on wowhead forums, including PvPing as Demonology
- Warlock’s Den forum thread looking at Demonology talents in depth
_Did you find this useful? Maybe you’ll also find our One Stop Shop Class Guide for 4.0.1 useful for your other classes._
_You also might find the rest of MMO Melting Pot interesting – we look for the best articles about WoW and other MMOs and deliver them straight to you, all in one place, right here at MMO Melting Pot._