This guide is now out of date! Visit our 4.2 guide to demonology glyphs, talent spec, reforging and gemming, and rotation to get the latest info!
There are demons to slay! And other things, if you’re a demonology lock. But wait, patch 4.1 hit recently – what to do, where to start with 4.1 demonology? If you’ve got a metaphorical question mark over your head then look no further than this thread. We’ll get you up and running, and doing your demonology lock thing.
Demonology warlock rotation:
Metamorphosis > Demon Soul (if you’re using felguard) > Immolate > Hand of Gul’dan > Bane of Doom > Immolation Aura > Corruption > Shadowflame > Incinerate (if Molten Core procs) > Soul Fire (if Decimation is active) > Shadow Bolt
Aoe situations: Hand of Guldan > Hellfire > Felguard Felstorm > Inferno > Shadowflame > Immolation Aura
Which warlock demon should I use?:
- Single target/boss fight: Felhunter
- Trash: Felguard
Demology talent spec:
**Stats, reforging and gems as a Demonology warlock:
Stats order: Intellect > Hit (until hit capped at 1742⁄17%) > Mastery > Haste > Critical Strike Rating
- Reforge mastery/crit into Hit until hit capped, after that reforge into mastery, if not possible reforge into haste.
- Gem hit until capped, then a mixture of haste and intellect (pure intellect if red socket).
Minor: your choice.
- EJ Demonology in Cataclysm
- WoW insider’s Warlock column – useful for extra warlock information
- WoWhead general warlock thread splitting everything warlock into their respective specs (4.1 updated)
- Wowhead forums: using a metamorphosis rotation in PvP
- Warlock’s Den guide to Demonology including information about levelling as a Demonology warlock
- Warlock Arena Guide on WoWhead forums
Was this guide helpful? Then sign up to get email updates when it’s updated! We keep them updated on a fairly regular basis when we get new information or when patches come in to help you stay on top of your game. Don’t worry – we’re not going to spam you. You’ll only getDemonology -related updates!
_You also might find the rest of MMO Melting Pot interesting – we look for the best articles about WoW and other MMOs and deliver them straight to you, all in one place, right here at MMO Melting Pot._